Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a girl......

When you saw the title I know you were puzzled because
I am not pregnant and Nicole is having a boy.

But.....

Our puppy was born yesterday!! :-)

We finally decided that it was time for us to get a dog.
Our kids are old enough now and we are ready to get a dog for them. We haven't chosen which one is ours, but one of these females will be ours. We are still trying to decide the name. Shane and Madison wanted Sandy and I wanted McKenzie "Kenzie" and Eric doesn't care. So on the way to swim we had a discussion about the dogs name. I told Shane and Madison that we can name it Sandy, but I would call it Kenzie. Then after a little more discussion Shane said "I have an idea Madison. We can name our next dog Sandy and we can get a yellow lab. Yup that's what we will do." Eric Said "next dog?". Shane said "yup". Eric then said "I don't think we are getting another dog." Shane said "yup we are getting a yellow lab so we can name this one Kenzie and the next one Sandy. Then Madison said "You can name it Kenzie, but I am calling her Sandy". Does that sound familiar or what?

So long story short I am not sure what we are naming her, but we will have a puppy in 8 weeks!! The kids are very excited to meet their puppy!!

7 comments:

Dani said...

They are such adorable puppies! How exciting! I like the name McKenize (reminds me of the beautiful McKenzie river)- good name for a northwestern dog!

Watts Family said...

Hopefully you are ready for a newborn again. I bet you can't wait to take it out a coupe times a night. I will be thinking about you when I am sleeping. No you will have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I hate when I accidentally post under Jacob's name. So annoying. (I don't usually do it twice either.) Anyway, How fun! I love hearing your stories. The kids are so cute. I can't believe of the things they think of. I can just picture Shane being so serious talking about the second dog. I just love him. Give them both kisses for me.

Tonya said...

You are brave to get a dog! We are not ready for that yet, but my kids would LOVE it if we would get ready...like really soon. They beg us, but 4 kids is quite enough right now:0)

Katie Felix said...

I like Kenzie too! Very Cute! You guys are going to have so much fun with that...glad it's not me! LoL ;)