Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Rules for Shane's Room"

Isn't he cute?? He came up to me yesterday and said "mom, I have made some rules for my room." Knowing his age I knew it was going to be something about no girls allowed, but I let him finish. He said "NO girls allowed in my room only boys". I said ok.
Then I went to his room and this is what I found.....

YES!! You are seeing it correctly he wrote on his door. My first thought was how cute!! He is growing up so fast. He can write He and She. My second thought was how in the heck am I going to get this off of his door. I said "Shane you can have rules for your room, but they need to be written on paper and then taped to your door". He said "mom, I am so sorry". I said that is ok, let's go in the kitchen and we can hang a sign on your door. I then said "when did you learn how to write he and she?" He said "in class today". While he made the sign I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get the ink of the door. Of course it worked. I love those!!
Here is the updated door.....

We then went to swim and he lost his tooth in the changing room. When we got home I said Shane you have a problem. You said no girls in your room so when the tooth fairy comes she is going to think that she is not allowed in your room. He said "OH NO!!" I need to change my sign.
Here is the updated sign....

It says "she", but he wanted to write next to it "Tooth fairy and Madison only", but he didn't have enough room. I was still sad that I wasn't allowed in. He said "mom you are a girl!!"
He is growing up to fast!!!

8 comments:

Watts Family said...

He's so big!I remember having signs on my door. But they said my name and about Holidays. It was all about me back then.

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big, it's crazy! We can't wait to come visit and sped some time with the kids.

Amber said...

Can I just say that he is stinkin handsome...and so big!
And yes I would love to get together in Salem for lunch or something. Anytime you just let me know when! :)

The Smith Family said...

Andrea,

Thanks for posting this, it was absolutely hysterical! Reading it gave me my one major laugh of the day. Your little man sounds like he has tons of personality! BTW, Annie was my fierce favorite when I was a girl as well.

Love, Arica XOXO

sweetsal said...

That's a great story. I read it to him when he was over tonight and he laughed and laughed!

Watts Family said...

you always tell me I need to blog more. Yet you have only blogged once this month.

Tonya said...

That is adorable and hilarious!

Elizabeth said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I'm so glad you took pictures, that will be priceless one day!