Saturday, March 27, 2010

McKenzie!! :( Family Time :)

So to make a long story short...

I got home from work the other day and McKenzie had chewed her way through our back door in the garage. She had been scratching at if for a while, but she got through it. I should have taken pictures, but I was so mad. Since we are moving I had a goodwill box right by the back door and everything in the box was chewed and strung all over my back yard. So I was busy picking everything up at 8pm. :( I called my brother in law James and said I need some help. I told him what had happened and he came right over to help me fix it. He did a temporary fix that would work for the night.

The next day I went to Home Depot to look for a door. I bet they laughed so hard when I came in. My first question was "Where is your door department?". He just smiled and said I will take you there. Do you know what you are looking for. I said yes a metal door. He asked me if I brought the measurements and I said "no, aren't all doors the same size?" He smiled again. I had no idea how many choices of doors their were. I wanted a metal door so she wouldn't be able to ruin it. They only came with the door and the whole jam. I told the guy I need to bring my brother in law back here to help.

So Nicole and James met me at Home Depot. Our door is pretty small and has concrete on the bottom so there was no way to make it bigger to put a different size door in. So we bought stuff to fix the whole. Since we are moving and she is still going to scratch it we fixed it so it would work for a while. I can always order a door for their when the house sells. It looks really good!!

Here is a picture with the patch with the door shut with Kenzie's beauty marks.

Here is the back door with the patch and he painted it the same color of the house.
I think that it looks so good. You can't even tell. You can see McKenzie has already started to scratch it, but it hasn't made any indents yet just dirt marks. I am going to cover the window so she can't see into the garage and I link that will help.

Here is the door with the patch.
James said once you stain and paint it it will look really good. I said once I?
He said ok once I do it. I said that is better. :)
Thanks James for all of your help!!
I couldn't have done any of it without you.

While James was working on the door Nicole and I hung out with the kids inside.
They had a great time playing together.

Shane and Ben chilling and watching Planet 51.

Madison watching a movie with her pillow pet.

Ben watching TV with Shane's pillow pet. He thinks it is his. :)

What a cutie!!

Sam on the dog bed with the kong.
It was 10pm by that time and he was tired so what ever kept him happy.
Yes, Denise on a dog bed with a dog toy in his mouth

The three kids chilling together!! We will sure miss times like this.
That is why we have to take ever advantage we get to spend time with family!! :)

3 comments:

Dani said...

Oh I just had to chuckle! Thank heaven for family, right?! That was really nice of James to help you guys out. I love the photo and explanation of the baby on the dog bed with the dog toy! LOL!! That is so funny! Is Denise a germ-a-phobe?! Did she die when she saw that?! ha ha! I totally understand letting a baby do what keeps him/her happy, though!

Anonymous said...

Thank Heavens for James. He really is so great for helping out. I don't think you can tell any difference. He did a great job patching the door. How fun for the grand kids to get to play together. I have to admit I was a little shocked that Nicole let Sam play with the dog toy! Love you all.

McCluskey Family said...

I am a little of the germ-a-phobe, but I have dogs and don't mind if they play with my kids. Our dogs lick Sam so it doesn't really mind me if he chews on a kong or lays on her bed. He was laughing and having a lot of fun. We are so happy that we can spend time with you guys before you move. I know that it will be harder for Ben to understand, but we will have to go and visit you guys in AZ.