Friday, November 14, 2008

We will miss you Grandma Betty!!!


Yesterday was a very hard day. I lost my Grandma Betty. She went from this life to the next. For her I know that it was pure joy to see my grandpa, her mom and dad, her brother and all of her family that have gone before her. But for those of us that are still on this earth we were very saddened for a big loss in our life. She was the best grandma!!! She loved all of us so much.

My mom called us Wednesday and let us know that she wasn't going to be on the earth for much longer. All 5 of us younger Warren Children (Nicole, Julian, Danielle and Denise and Me) and Dad and Alia went to Washington Wednesday afternoon. We arrived at Grandma's house in Seattle around 8. It was so good to see her. She was asleep, but the nurse said that she was able to hear us. So I held her hand and talked to her. It was so good to see her. We then went back to see her Thursday morning before we came back to Eugene we stopped to see her. I knew that I needed to say good bye to her. I am so glad that we went to see her, she had opened her eyes when Danielle was talking to her. She wasn't able to communicate, but she was looking at me. I told her what a great grandma that she had been and I thanked her for Everything that she had done. Then I let her know how much I loved her then I said Good-Bye! I knew that was going to be the last time that I saw her in this life. I am so glad that we went up there. That meant so much to me. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who watched our kids so that I was able to go up there.

She was the best example of a mother and grandmother that I can think of. I have a lot of great memories with my grandma. I am so thankful to her for how her and my grandpa raised my mom. My mom is such a wonderful person just like my grandma. My grandma was so caring of other people, she loved everyone. She was so special to me and I am so sad that I lost her on this earth, but I am so happy for the plan of salvation that I know I will see her again!!!


My Little Family with Grandma Betty!!
Shane loved his Great-Grandma Betty so much and loved holding her hand!!

Grandma with her 4 children


Grandma Betty with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren last Christmas.


Sweet Shane with Grandma Betty

My Grandma, mom, Madison and I 2 summers ago. Grandma was feeding Madison's baby for her. :-)

Even though she will not be with us for a long time, I am so glad that I have the knowledge I have that I know I will see my grandma again and she will look better than I have seen her look in a long time!! Grandma we will miss you. We love you so much!!!

6 comments:

Watts Family said...

Thank you for writing about the plan of salvation. That is the reason we are here and have a purpose in this life. Even though they aren't sealed right now doesn't mean they won't accept it when they get another chance. I can't wait to have every family member in our eternal family.

Julee and Matt said...

So...I just read Danielle's and then Denise's post about Grandma Betty and with your I am crying. I am so glad you have a great memory of going to visit her, it's so important for everyone. I am sure she is having a great time on with everyone in heaven and keep remembering that we know you WILL see her again.

Jessi said...

Every time anyone I know passes on I am reminded how important the relationships we share with our friends and family are. What a blessing that you got to visit her and that you have so many wonderful memories with her!

Anonymous said...

You said everything I wanted to say but in a much better way. It is hard for me to explain everything I feel. I am so glad that we all went together. I will never forget the trip. Although it was a sad occasion it was great to be together and be there for each other.

Tonya said...

What an awesome post and a sweet tribute to Grandma Betty. I love that she was feeding Madison's doll. So sweet. I am sorry about her passing. Can you imagine the excitement of her seeing all those who went before her? It must be such an amazing experience.

Dani said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Its such a sad feeling when our loved ones leave us. Kind of an empty feeling, like a piece of us is missing. I am so glad you have such wonderful memories though. It helps to know that someday we will all be reunited with our friends and loved ones that have passed before us! *hugs*