Saturday, January 31, 2009

Annie!!

Madison and I LOVE the movie Annie. I watched that movie all the time when I was little. I have almost all of it memorized actually all of the movie memorized. I found out that the musical was coming to the Hult Center. Shane likes it as well, so I called the Hult Center up to order tickets. The only tickets that they had left were in the 4th balcony. When I talked to the lady on the phone she said that from up that high it is hard to see their faces. I wasn't going to pay $50 a ticket when we weren't even going to be able to see them. I told the kids that we weren't going to be able to go since there were no good tickets left.

On the way to work on Madison's birthday I was listening to the radio. They said in the 7 o'clock hour we are going to be giving tickets away to Annie. My first thought was that if I could win those that would be the best birthday present Madison could get. The only problem was is that I was going to be at work and I am not able to listen to the radio there. So since I love e-mail I e-mailed the radio station and let them know that it was Madison's birthday and I was not going to be able to call in when they were giving out tickets due to the fact that I was at work. I told them that it was her favorite movie and I tried to buy tickets but there was only the nose bleed section left. Then I sent the e-mail......

An hour later I got an e-mail back saying that they had tickets for us at the front desk and to enjoy the show. I was so excited!!! After work I went to go get the tickets and there was only 2. I was bummed... What was I going to tell Shane? He liked the movie as well. So I told Madison at her party that night that I had gotten some tickets to Annie. Shane said I can't wait to go. I told Shane that I only got two and it was for Madison's birthday. He started to cry and got really sad. That broke my heart. I called the radio station the next morning to see if there was anyway for me to get 2 more tickets. They said that they have none now, but if I check back right at 5 on Friday they might have more. So by that time Shane was over it and was going to have a Daddy and Son night at the movies. So on Friday I still went back and they had 2 tickets so I got them, but Shane still didn't want to go so I gave them to my babysitter.

Madison was talking about it all day at daycare because we were going Friday night. The play didn't start until 8pm. That was almost Madison's bed time. This was a once in a life time event so she was able to stay up. So she was telling Lori what she was going to wear all day. So we get home and she said mom I am wearing my fancy dress. What are you wearing? I told her that I was going to wear black work pants and a shirt. She said mom, you have to wear a fancy dress with me. So I thought what fancy dress do I have. So I looked in my closet and I got the maid of honor dress that I wore in Nicole's wedding. It was FANCY!! I felt so out of place, but my daughter wanted to dress up with me so I did it. We had a great time. It was probably the best musical I have ever been to. Not to mention the first adult musical I have taken my daughter to. It was really special and she was a really good girl. I won't ever forget this night. It took everything that she had not to sing to the songs.. She is so precious..


Madison and I in our fancy dresses before we left for "Annie"

Madison wanted me to take a picture down by her.

Madison in the Hult Center. She was so excited for the show to start.

Madison and I in the Hult Center before Annie

I forgot to mention a couple of things. If you click on the pictures to make them bigger you can see our glitter. Madison loves glitter and so she made me wear it as well. :-) The other thing is that we were in the third row and there was a real orchestra playing the songs at Annie not just a recording. Madison thought that was the coolest thing.

3 comments:

Watts Family said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I saw Madison's Glitter even before I clicked into it. I even saw yours Andrea. Is it really Madison that likes it, or do you like it deep down inside. I love glitter too. I love everything sparkly.

Anonymous said...

How exciting. I could tell you guys were close to the front by the background. Madison deserves a fun night like that and I am sure that Shane had a blast with Eric.

I have to tell you a funny story. So I called mom tonight and Madison talked to me four times. Then when I asked if I could say goodbye to mom she said, "no I am going to hang up on you". She did. So I called back and she hung up on me again. So I figured I would call the home phone. Dad answered but sure enough seconds later Maddie was on the other phone and she told dad that he should hang up on me like she did. She is so funny. I also asked her how her birthday was and she said, " So good, but I was really sad you weren't there but I liked your present." I just love her. Tell Shane I love him. Have them call me if you want. I would love to talk to Shane.

P.S. Did they get their letters?

Dani said...

You guys look so pretty in your "fancy" dresses! What a special night! I think it's neat how much fun you have with your little girl :)