Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Our New Year's Eve was laid back like every year. We always stay home and celebrate it with the kids. This year I had sparkling cider, plastic champagne glasses, party hates, blowers, poppers, streamers, etc. to celebrate. The kids thought it was the best party in town. Here are some of our fun times!!


Getting ready for the big party!!

Practicing for the big count down.

Making sure that his blower worked. We had one dud that night! :(

Posing for dad before the big countdown. Can you see in their faces how excited they were?

All of us toasting to the new year!!

Madison and Eric sharing a glass. They were being silly!!

Shane and Madison partying in 2009!!

I bought these poppers for the new year that were going to be awesome. They had surprises inside. Here is Shane and I pulling it apart. There was no gun powder in them they were just paper. I thought it would be better stuff inside. I guess that I should have known at 50 cents a piece. They had these really cheap party hats inside and a small toy. One had a blower and I blew and the stuff flew out of it. There was an eagle in one and a man and a parachute in the other one. Shane had a blast and wish that I would have bough more.

Here is Shane in his hat from the poppers.

Here is Madison's hat from the same poppers. She LOVES that she got her favorite color (purple). You can tell that they had a good time. If that is not a happy smile, I don't know what is. She also loved her "party necklace". That is what she called it!!!
Shane very proud to be drinking his sparkling cider out of a big boy glass.

Eric had a wild moment and let Shane do the poppers in the house. He thought that he was such a big boy. It is the ones that you pull the string and they make a pop sound and confetti comes out of them. needless to say my house was full of confetti.

New Year's Day the kids and I made gingerbread teddy bear men.
They had so much fun painting them.

We had a great night and can't wait to do it again next year!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Miss you guys!

P.S. I like your background!

Jessi said...

What an awesome party!! I forgot to get the sparkling cider this year and my kids were so disappointed. Next year I want to do pary hats,too. So festive!!!

Audra said...

I wish I had gone to your party!