Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year- 2010

Hello Again...

My New Years Resolution is to keep my blog updated. I debated weather to go back and fill you in on what the Schwake's have been up to for the last 7 months, but I just thought it would be easier to start fresh.

As many of you know from my Christmas letter we are moving to Arizona. January 1st Eric filled his truck and started the move to AZ. The kids and I are going to be in Eugene until Shane gets out of first grade in June. These 6 months will be long and hard, but we will be able to handle it. We are excited for what this move will bring us. More to come on that...

Eric and the kids on New Years Eve.

As many of you know we have a chocolate lab named McKenzie. Needless to say she is a love, but a handful. I found this wonderful lady who trains dogs. She keeps them at her house for a month and trains them for you and then she teaches you what the commands are. McKenzie is leaving for her house today. As Shane says "This will be sad, we are losing a member of our family." I assured Shane that she is coming back and she will be a better dog because of it.

McKenzie with her Christmas Candy Cane.

What else... Shane starts basketball on Wednesday. He is so excited. He has already had 1 practice before the break and is excited to start basketball again. Madison gets back into cheer leading on Monday. They took an extended break over the holidays. She has her first competition on January 16th.

Highlight from this summer:

Shane played Pop Warner football and loved it. He sure learned a lot and is excited for next year. Go Sheldon Eagles!! He is number 6 and the back of his jersey said SCHWAKE (that way you can find him in some of the pictures better).

Shane opening a wholeShane coming out of the tunnel. Can you tell he loved it, by the smile on his face?

Good defending Shane.

Shane blocking.

Close up of Shane concentrating.

What a cutie!!


Here are a few pictures from stuff that happened last year:

Shane's 1st Grade School Pics

Shane's 1st Grade School pic (Body Shot)

Madison's Preschool Picture

Madison's Preschool Picture (body shot)

The H1N1 hit our house. Eric and Shane had it. :(

Madison and Alia (cousin) at the pumpkin patch

Our very own Clone trooper and Hannah Montana

My sweet girl...

What beautiful and loving kids.

Madison at cheerleading

Madison before her school performance. She did so good. She had a solo.

She loved her sparkly tights.

Madison and Eric hanging an ornament

Shane and Madison decorating the tree.

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Eve in their new jammies.

Look for more updates on a weekly basis.... Looking forward to a great 2010.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Fun to see what you've been doing! I hope you are surviving without Eric.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are going to be updating more. Although I already knew all that I love the pictures. Love you guys.

Watts Family said...

I am so glad you posted. I probably won't for a while. I have way to much to do! Yay!

Tonya said...

Wow, now that was a very impressive run down. And I LOVE the sparkly tights!!! I am jealous that you are moving to Arizona. I crave sunshine on a daily basis, you lucky!!!